Saturday, January 19, 2008

Taking Care of Single Mom with Triplets

I could hardly believe my ears when a woman in Michigan told me that she's a single mother with triplets. I immediately wondered if there was anything that I could do to help her if she needed specific help, especially since I love children.

She said she had heard that the U.S. is the ONLY country in the world without health care for all of its citizens. I emphasized to her that the fact has not sunk fully into the minds of U.S. citizens, trying to indicate what a huge injustice it is to the vast majority of us.

So, shortly after the brief chat, I thought once again that WE the citizens of this great country of ours, the United States of America, can help take care of this single mother with triplets ---- and everyone else. "All" we have to do is implement a non-profit national health insurance, such as the extremely efficient single-payer option. All we have to do is demonstrate that we care.

But we must take action
---- www.healthcareforallNOW.org
.

No comments: